NLG Glass Warranty
Subject to the condition, exclusions, and limitations stated herein, NLG warrants that its product is free from any defects in material and workmanship that renders its product unfit for its normal and recommended use. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the glass purchased directly from NLG. This warranty does not extend to the ultimate consumer, and is not intended to be conveyed to the ultimate consumer. The period of warranty shall begin as of the date of purchase by the customer and shall extend for the product’s respective warranty period.
This warranty does not cover any of the following:
- Any defects or damages arising out of and/or caused during shipment by common carriers, private transportation, or any other means of transportation.
- Any defects or damages arising out of improper maintenance, installation, handling, cleaning, finishing, glazing, misuses, abuse, acts of God, accidents, and/or any other circumstances beyond the control of NLG.
- Any product installed in or submitted to high heat condition, high moisture condition, high vibration, and/or extreme temperature changes.
- Labor, shipping, or other charges incurred or claimed by the customer.
Inspection and Discovery of Defect
It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the product immediately upon receipt of shipment. If a defect covered under this warranty is discovered upon such inspection, the customer shall immediately file a claim in accordance with the proper procedure as set forth below. NLG shall have no obligation with respect to any defect reasonably discoverable upon immediate inspection, when such defective product is installed ( or otherwise used ) prior to properly filing a claim. If a defect is discovered after receipt of shipment but within the product’s warranty period, the customer shall immediately file a claim in accordance with the proper procedures as set forth below.
Warranty Claim Procedures
The customer must comply with the following procedures to make a proper claim under this warranty:
- The customer must present a written claim to NLG within 30 days after discovering a defect. The written claim must be received within the product’s warranty period.
- The customer must provide the following information in its written claim.
- a) Adequate description of the claimed defect(s);
- b) Identification of product design or pattern;
- c) Date of purchase, place of purchase, purchase price, and date of delivery to customer.
- The customer must, if requested by NLG, permit Specialty or its representative to inspect the product or if requested return product freight prepaid for inspection.
- After receiving a valid claim, NLG has the option to a) repair the product or b) provide a replacement product ( or part, as appropriate ) of like kind and design
- Replacement of the insulated glass component of the product will result in the following charge to the customer based on a percentage of NLG then current wholesale price for a comparable product.
Period after Purchase Amount of Charge to Customer.
0 - 5 years none
6 - 8 years 25%
9 - 10 years 50%
- If NLG elects to provide a replacement product, the limited warranty on the replacement product will last for the balance of the warranty on the original product. If the customer fails to provide a satisfactory proof of the date of purchase, the date such product was manufactured shall be used.
Disclaimer of Warranty
NLG makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to its product ( or any other replacement product ), including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, except to the extent provided herein.
Limitation of Remedies.
The remedies set forth above are the customer’s exclusive remedies for breach of warranty or negligence. In no case shall NLG be liable to the customer or any other person for any general, incidental, or consequential damages.
UNLESS MODIFIED IN WRITING SIGNED BY BOTH NLG AND THE CUSTOMER, THIS WARRANTY IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY RELATED TO THE PRODUCT, AND IT SUPERSEDES ALL EARLIER AGREEMENTS. NO EMPLOYEES OF NLG AND OR ANY OTHER PARTY IS AUTHORISED TO MAKE ANY ADDITIONAL WARRANTY. INVALIDATION OF ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT INVALIDATE OR EFFECT ON OF THE OTHER PROVISIONS.